“Fly Shine Beautiful You”. I watercolored the butterfly and added it on the canvas that I painted using acrylic paints and Posca markers. I also added some cut out flowers, sticks, and cheesecloth to add interest to the piece.
I took the courage to paint my own wall decor canvas even though I can’t draw. It all started when I was searching for a nice decor for my empty wall in my living room. I wanted something that is colorful and whimsy. Continue reading “Whimsical Tree Village Painting + Dylusions Paints”
I created this for my daughter’s teacher. I wanted to create something special that she could hang on the wall because she’s an awesome teacher. I came up with a tea cup with flowers and hearts. First, I painted the background with Dylusions paints. I used scrapbook papers for the flowers, leaves, hearts, and stems. Glued them down and applied distress crayons and gelatos for the shadows so the whole thing will pop. I used black LePen to outline the flowers and tea cup. And also white uni-ball Signo pen to add highlights. At the end, I added some splattered acrylic paints. My project is not finished without the splattered effect…LOL.
The sketched that I did for this project. It didn’t turned out exactly like I sketched it because on the finished design I added more leaves. I hope you like it and let me know what you think. Thank you! 🙂
Greetings! I like collecting box lids because they are easy to work with and much cheaper. So I will admit that I am a lid hoarder….LOL. This mix media canvas was created from a box lid. I would say that I am happy with it but I think I can do much better. Like for example the butterflies, I used perfect pearls to color them and it didn’t turned out the way I expected. It was my first time to try perfect pearls by ranger so I need to learn more how to use them. I like the pearlescent effect it gives. The butterflies are made from chipboard and I painted them with white gesso and applied perfect pearls. For the sentiments, I used my silhouette portrait machine to cut out the letters and applied distress ink. I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.
First, I applied gesso to the canvas and blended some dylusions paints until I am satisfied with it.
I splattered some acrylic paints on the canvas to make it more interesting.
Next, I adhered some torn up patterned papers and distressed the edge with paper distressing tool. I applied distress ink on the papers but I couldn’t get the effect that I am going after.
So when distress ink didn’t work, I tried applying black marble and squeezed orange dylusions paints around the sides of the canvas and on the scrapbook paper. I am very pleased of the outcome.
I also stamped the top, bottom and sides using rough it up stamp from bobunny and outlined it with black marker.
Hi all! I love how this tea cups canvas turned out. First off, I would like you all to know that I didn’t exactly use a canvas for this project instead I used a gift box lid as a canvas. I tell you it works great and you can’t even tell that it’s just a box lid. I applied white gesso first on the base before I started applying colors to the background. It took me almost a week to get this done because I can’t get the background color to come out right. Continue reading “Tea Cups Canvas with Dylusions Paints + Acrylic Paints + Distress Inks”